If your family is looking for a new outing to keep everyone entertained, check out Lili Putt Miniature Golf and Family Entertainment Center. Located in Coon Rapids, it’s a quick trip that’s well worth the drive. Check out their Facebook page for the most up-to-date information.
Many families enjoy mini golf as a family outing. Check out our tips for taking a family mini golf trip here!
Join Twin Cities Kids Club today to access exclusive discounts and events throughout Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding areas.
What is Lilli Putt?
Lilli Putt is a family entertainment center in Coon Rapids, MN, that’s been in business since 1976! That’s more than 50 years bringing joy to families and individuals.
At Twin Cities Kids Club, we sent in our boots on the ground to check it out. They stopped in on an early Sunday evening, and it wasn’t busy at all. When they first arrived, they walked up a few stairs where you will find a list of prices for the different activities offered at Lilli Putt.
They decided to do a round of mini-golf. The hot weather made the bumper boats a must, as well. Let us tell you; bumper boats aren’t just for kids!
Our tester and her daughter were brave and decided to try the bumper boats. Note: drivers must be 44 inches tall to drive alone; otherwise, they must have an adult drive.
With only six boats on the water, you might not think you’d get too wet. Think again! Between other boats shooting at you, a waterfall you can drive through, and a fountain spraying from the middle of the pool, there are plenty of chances to get wet.
Driving the boats wasn’t too complicated. There are two levers. The right lever is to make the boat go while the left lever shoots water at unsuspecting targets. After a seemingly brief five minute ride, there was not a dry spot on the riders or the boats!
After bumper boats, it was time for mini-golf. The staff took extra caution to clean and sanitize the clubs and golf balls after their game was finished. You can pick a colored ball that is free to use, or if you would like a fun designed golf ball, they have those available to purchase.
Tips for your visit:
- There is a castle theme throughout the 18-hole mini-golf course, which is a Par 66 course.
- There are unique hole designs, and many obstacles were challenging enough for people of all ages.
- They have been making updates throughout the course, and the whole place was recently painted this spring. They have stated that they are “improving other facilities throughout the summer as well.”
- They’ve added a nighttime glow in the dark experience Friday and Saturday nights. The course transforms into Glow Golf! Light up golf balls, flagsticks, hole markers, ponds, and more!
- Only one group will be allowed per hole. The hole flags will also be adjusted, so no one has to touch them.
- The holes become more challenging towards the end with different water obstacles and streams.
- They do not require masks, just asking that guests follow and respect each other. The staff that worked there were wearing their masks the entire time.
- The last hole doesn’t have a hole that takes your ball, ending your game. You need to pick the ball up and place it in the proper bin to be cleaned.
Things to know before you go:
- Mondays through Thursday are not very busy during the day or evening.
- Fridays through Sundays are typically pretty busy. Be prepared to possibly wait for other mini golfers to get to their next hole before you can play.
- They do have bathrooms located in the building near the Go-Karts.
- There is construction along Coon Rapids Blvd, but both entrances to Lilli Putt are still accessible during construction.
- There isn’t any food available for purchase at Lilli Putt. Plan on eating before you go or maybe go out to eat at a local restaurant nearby after you are done.
- If you know you will be doing bumper boats before you go, bring a towel or extra change of clothes or both! Pro tip: bugs start to come out later in the evening. Bugs and wet clothes don’t mix.
- Bring hand sanitizer with you. There are not many, if any, sanitizing stations throughout the facility.
- It’s easier to leave bags/purses in the car than carry them around the different activities there. If you absolutely need to bring a bag/purse with you, we recommend either a small backpack, crossbody bag, or if you’re into what’s trending, a FANNY PACK! That way, it doesn’t interfere with your golf game or rides.
Unfortunately, there wasn’t enough time for our testers to try their hand at the Go-Karts. As all parents know, sometimes extra things aren’t in the cards. It was, however, roundly agreed that a return trip needs to happen!
For inquiring minds: supposedly, the Go-Kart track was recently redone and offers a smoother ride than before. Drivers must be ten years old and 52″ tall to ride alone. There are double karts available for adults and kids.
Children under ten years old or under 52″ get to ride free with a paid adult. They have Junior Karts the kids ages 4-9 years old can drive and run from 12 pm-6 pm.
- Kids 3 and Under Free with Paid Adult
- Seniors 60+ and Active Military 10% Discount
- Water Wednesdays– Every Wednesday, bumper boat rides will be 20% off all day long!!
Over all, a great time was had by all. It would be hard for any family to leave regretting their decision to try Lilli Putt. Go ahead, plan a day trip to Coon Rapids and enjoy a great day out.
Don’t forget to join Twin Cities Kids Club today!