Driving to look at Christmas lights is a holiday tradition that every family should enjoy. With so many light displays in the Twin Cities, you don’t have to drive far to find a spectacular neighborhood lit up for the holiday season. Are you looking for the best Twin Cities Christmas Lights displays? We have you covered so you can create excitement and everlasting memories.
Join Twin Cities Kids Club for more ideas and adventures for the whole family. We have you covered with all the latest events and happenings to save you money. Even better, it’s free to join! Check out our blog for more creative ideas for this holiday season.
Every light display is sorted by type (residential, drive-thru, etc.) and sorted alphabetically by city name.
As you are on your holiday light tour, don’t forget to take pictures! Post them on Instagram and tag us at tckidsclub or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/twincitieskidsclub.
View Twin Cities Christmas Lights Tours 2021 in a full screen map
You’ll also find displays collecting donations to charitable causes, so consider bringing something to contribute before heading out the door. It’s a great way to teach your child what Christmas is truly all about!
So get your hot cocoa ready and turn up that Christmas music as you head out for your evening of exploring the best Twin Cities Christmas Lights displays. It’s the perfect way to bring joy and build excitement for the coming of Christmas.
Even More TCKC Fun
While checking out the light displays, use this FREE Twin Cities Kids Club printable Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt sheet. Can you find them all?
Download and print HERE.
Download and print HERE.
Twin Cities Christmas Lights Displays with Free Holiday Admissions
Residential Displays by City
Lights In The Country
36252 245th Ave, Albany, MN
- The light show runs from November 25th, 2021, thru January 9th, 2022
- It is open Monday – Thursday from 5:00 – 11:00 pm and Friday – Sunday from 5:00 – 1:00 am.
- It is over a half-mile drive-thru of more than 100,000 Christmas lights
- Tune in to hear Christmas music that plays on 96.1 FM!
Cairl Family Christmas Lights
2342 145th Avenue NW., Andover, MN
- The display runs November 25th, 2021 – January 2rd, 2022
- Hours are Sunday – Thursday from 5:30 – 9:00 pm and Friday and Saturday from 5:30 – 10:00 pm.
- They are collecting donations for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
- Tune into 99.1 FM and listen to Christmas music.
Lights on Garden View
927 Garden View Dr, Apple Valley, MN
- You can view these lights from December 5th, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022
- Hours are Mondays – Thursdays from 5:30 – 9:30 pm; Fridays 5:30 – 10:00 pm; Saturdays 5:00 – 10:00 pm; Sundays 5:00 – 9:30 pm
- Please turn off your headlights and tune into 91.9 FM on your radio upon arrival.
Porters Holiday Light show
3596 Hollins Court in Apple Valley, MN,
- The lights will run from November 25th, 2021 – January 1st, 2022
- Hours are Sunday – Thursday 5:00 – 9:00 pm and Friday and Saturday 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
- You can synchronize music for Christmas at 87.9 FM while looking at the majestic lights.
Durrant Family Lights
1750 130th Avenue NE in Blaine, MN.
- The lights runs from November 26th, 2021- January 1st, 2022.
- Hours are Sunday-Thursday 5:00 pm- 9:00 pm and Friday and Saturday 5:00- 10:00 pm.
- With 15,000 RGB lights, you are sure to be wowed!
- Tune your radio to 87.9 FM for Christmas music.
The Browns Christmas Light Display
11308 Louisiana Ave N., Champlin, MN
- These lights are available November 26th, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022
- Sunday -Thursday 5:00 – 9:00pm; Friday and Saturday 5:00 – 10:00pm
- Listen to synchronized music by tuning your radio to 106.9 FM
- Taking donations for the Champlin Pay it Forward Project. ~ There’s a donation box on the side of the mailbox or you can Venmo your donation to @matrix0143.
Christmas on Savanna
4441 Savanna Trail, Chaska, MN
- Viewable November 19th, 2021 – December 26th, 2021
- Your group can view these lights seven nights a week from 5:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Tune your radios to 91.9 FM while you view over 30,000 lights. Look closely to find Santa in the upstairs window!
Snook Family Lights
1188 Wildwood Way, Chaska, MN
- Can be seen November 27th, 2021 – January 4th, 2022
- Hours are Sunday – Thursday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm and Friday and Saturday from 5:00 – 11:00 pm.
- They are collecting donations to benefit the Bountiful Basket Food Shelf.
- Tune to 91.9 FM on your radio to hear the synchronized music!
- NEW this year: You can control the show by voting for the song that you would like to see played by visiting this link: https://snookfamilylights.remotefalcon.com/remoteFalcon
Barno Family Lights
4102 88th Lane NE, Circle Pines, MN.
- Their display runs from November 26th, 2021, to January 3rd, 2022
- Hours are Sunday – Thursday 6:00 – 10:00 pm and Friday – Saturday from 6:00 – 11:00 pm.
- Turn your radio to 106.7 FM to hear the synchronized music!
- The family will be accepting donations for the Ronald McDonald House. They ask that you don’t block any driveways, turn your headlights off, and keep the music down at a low level.
Lights on the Mississippi
26102 River Road, Cohasset, MN
- The show runs seven days a week from 5:00 – 9:30 pm.
- Tune your radio to 93.5 FM to hear the festive Christmas music.
Hope Lights: A Christmas Display
12401 Partridge Street NW, Coon Rapids, MN
- The light show runs November 26th, 2021 – January 6th, 2022
- Hours are Sunday–Thursday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm, and Friday–Saturday from 5:00–11:00 pm
- Approximately 150,000 lights synchronized to music on 91.7 FM
- They will be collecting donations for Feed My Starving Children
Crystal Light Show
6404 38th Ave N, Crystal, MN
- A fun display with viewing beginning November 25th, 2021, and ends January 2nd, 2022
- Lights will be on seven nights a week from 5:00 – 10:00 pm
- Tune to 88.1 FM to hear the synchronized music
- Features over 8,000 Christmas lights! Stay as long as you’d like and enjoy the 30 minute light and sound show.
Manners Magnificent Lights
19509 Rochester St NE, East Bethel, MN
- The show runs from November 27th, 2021, to December 31st, 2021
- It is open seven days a week from 5:00 – 10:00 pm
- Tune your radio to 90.9 FM to hear festive holiday music while enjoying the animated light show.
- They are accepting donations to St. Francis High School Food Locker until December 15th, 2021
Christmas Lights At Sunrise
15482 West Sunrise Cir. in Eden Prairie, MN
- This residential display is viewable from November 25th, 2021 – January 6th, 2022
- The light show runs daily from dusk to midnight!
- Synchronize to Christmas music by tuning into 87.9 FM to listen in!
Lights on Fresno Street
18016 Fresno St. NW in Elk River, MN.
- The display begins December 1st, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022
- Available for viewing 7 nights a week from 6:00-9:00 pm.
- Donations received for the Elk River Why Church
- Turn your radio on and tune in to 106.7 to listen to synchronized music!
Hyperactive Holiday Lights
609 Park Dr., Farmington, MN
- You can see this display from November 25th, 2021 – January 1st, 2022
- From Sunday – Thursday from 5:30 – 9:30 pm. And Friday – Saturday from 5:30 – 10:00 pm.
- Listen to contemporary holiday music by tuning into 91.9 FM on your radio
9610 223rd Street North in Forest Lake, MN
- Begin viewing November 26th, 2021 until January 2nd, 2022.
- Displayed 7 nights a week from 6:00 – 9:00 pm
- Tune into 93.1 FM to hear the music and view the dancing synchronized lights!
Stop N List
42757 Woodview Rd, Freeport, MN
- Families are able to enjoy this display from November 26th, 2021 – January 9th, 2022
- Hours are Sunday – Thursday from 5:00 – 10:00pm; Friday – Saturday from 5:00 – 11:00 pm.
- For synchronized music, tune your radio to 87.9 FM.
Paulzine’s Winter Wonderland
2655 Deer Run NW, Garfield, MN
- See 75,000 lights from November 26th, 2021 – January 1st, 2022
- 7 nights a week from 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- Collecting donations for the local food shelf.
- November 27th, December 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, & 18th Lakes Area Leaders 4-H Club will be providing hot beverages & goodies for free-will donations.
Mellem Family Christmas Light Display
301 173rd Lane NE in Ham Lake, MN 55304
- They are viewable November 26th – December 31st, 2021
- You’ll be able to view the lights seven nights a week from 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- View 75,000 lights synchronized to music on 89.1 FM
- The neighborhood is collecting non-perishable donations for HOPE 4 Youth in Anoka
Bradford Street Lights
1376 Bradford Street SE Hutchinson, MN
- It’s available between November 25th, 2021 – January 9th, 2022
- These lights are on 7 nights a week from sunset – 9:30 pm.
- Synch the 68,00 lights to music on 89.5 FM
View this post on Instagram
Soldiers 6 7th Annual Santa and Lights Display
8238 Copeland Way, Inver Grove Heights, MN.
- The festivities begin November 26th, 2021, and end January 1st, 2022
- Their display is viewable 7 days a week, 5:00 – 10:30 pm.
- Lights synched to music on 91.9 FM
- Santa will stop by (and will be behind plexiglass) on Friday and Saturdays from 6:00 – 9:00 pm starting December 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, and 21st – 23rd.
- This organization provides specially trained service dogs to military vets, police officers, firefighters, correctional officers, paramedics, and 911 dispatchers who have PTSD. This year they are collecting donations for Soldiers 6. They will also be collecting non-perishable food items for Neighbors INC., the local food shelf.
Haakenson House Light Display
8900 Syndicate Ave, Lexington, MN
- See this walk-in display December 4th, 2021 – Jan 1st, 2022
- 17,420 lights feature over 50 blow molds, a 20ft tall snowman, other inflatables, and over 20 tinsel fabric figures.
- Collecting donations for the Centennial Community Food Shelf.
Cinnamon Teal Court Holiday Lights
7188 Cinnamon Teal Ct in Lino Lakes, MN.
- Dates are November 25th, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022
- These lights are on display seven nights a week from 6:00 pm – 12:00 am
Birchview Road Christmas Wonderland
7153 Birchview Rd, Maple Grove, MN.
- The light show begins November 25th, 2021 – January 31st, 2022
- The lights at this home are on 7 days a week 5:00 – 11:30 pm
- You’ll find approximately 40 individual inflatables, deer, 3 Santa’s, a 4ft nativity scene, the Eiffel Towel, and a slight arch over the road! Santa will take children’s Christmas lists and hand out candy canes on Friday and Saturday evenings in December.
Glowing in the Grove
9673 Rosewood Lane N Maple Grove, MN
- The display runs from November 26th – December 31st, 2021
- Enjoy it 7 nights a week from 5:30 – 9:00 pm.
- 30,000 lights are synched to music on 91.7 FM
- They are also collecting donations for the MS Society of Minnesota.
Hayden’s Holiday Lights
5205 Washburn Ave. S. in Minneapolis.
- The show begins December 12th, 2021, and runs through January 3rd, 2022
- They are on display seven nights a week from 4:30 – 10:00 pm.
- Tune your radio to 104.9 FM to hear synchronized music.
9503 Cottontail Drive Saint Bonifacius, MN.
- A fun display from November 26th, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022
- Hours are Thursday – Sunday from 6:00 – 9:30 pm.
- Each night features a different genre of music. The Shows last approx 30 minutes and have the following themes: Thursday: Christmas classics and oldies. Fridays and Saturday: Contemporary. Sundays: Religious Favorites. Tune your radio to 91.9 FM to hear synchronized Christmas music.
4386 Trista Bend Minnetrista, MN.
- Lights will be on December 3rd, 4th, 11th, 17th, 25th & 31st. from 5:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Tune your radio to 97.5 FM to hear synchronized music that compliments 17,000 festive, computerized lights! The show is about 15 minutes long.
Mindy Lane Holiday Display
135 Mindy Lane, Montrose, MN 55363
- The lights come on November 26th, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022
- Hours for the show are Sunday – Thursday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm and Friday – Saturday from 5:00 – 11:00 pm.
- With roughly 45,000 lights and about 55 blow molds, everyone will find something that excites them. Tune your radio to 105.7 FM for synchronized music.
Koran Family Christmas Display
35855 Lincoln Road, North Branch, MN.
- Available to view November 28th, 2021, to January 9th, 2022.
- Hours are Sunday – Thursday 5:00 – 11:00 pm and Friday and Saturday 5 pm to midnight.
- They ask you to please be kind and turn off your headlights when entering and driving through the display as it is a residential display.
- Enjoy over 600 figurines, 20 14ft Christmas trees, Nativity scenes, and more
- 35,000 lights synced to holiday music on 91.9 FM.
- Collecting donations for Boy Scout troop 159, Chisago Lakes FFA, and the Cambridge Polaris Navy Cadets.
Morin’s Family Holiday Lights
310 217th Avenue NW, Oak Grove, MN
- This residential display is viewable from November 15th, 2021 – January 3rd, 2022
- The lights are on 7 nights a week from 6:00 – 10:00 pm.
- See 4,600 lights synched to music on 89.1 FM
Omega Ct Christmas lights display
14 Omega Court in Owatonna, MN
- Lights start November 25th, 2021, and end January 3rd, 2022
- Lights will be on seven days a week from 5:00 – 11:00 pm.
- Feel free to park and walk around or drive-thru while listening to 88.1 FM.
2048 Havana Road in Owatonna, MN.
- Drive-thru lights November 25th, 2021 – January 1st, 2022
- Lights are on 7 days a week from Dusk – 10:00 pm. Open to the public.
- They will be accepting donations for Helping Paws of Southern MN.
4320 Ithaca Lane North in Plymouth, MN.
- This home display starts November 25th and runs through December 26th, 2021.
- The regular show runs Thursday – Sunday 5:00 – 9:00 pm and Monday – Wednesday, 5:00 – 8:00 pm in a Jukebox format.
- Tune your radio to 90.9 FM to hear synchronized music. There will be a QR posted near the 4320 mailbox where you can access the viewer control page and a list of song choices.
- The display benefits the IRS 501c3 public charity, The Mike Justak Foundation for Parkinson’s Disease. This is the “Nation’s” display for Parkinson’s. It is the only one of its kind designed, built, and operated by people with Parkinson’s Disease.
Joy of the Season
4810 Orchid Lane North, Plymouth, MN.
- The show runs November 25th, 2021 – January 9th, 2022
- This fine residential display runs from 6:00 pm – 12:00 am 7 nights a week.
- This display features 10,000 lights synchronized to music on 87.9 FM. They will be collecting donations for the Animal Humane Society.
Plymouth Lights – Christmas at the Fischer’s Place
16700 33rd Avenue North in Plymouth.
- They are open December 1st – 31st, 2021
- Tune your radio to 103.3 FM to hear synchronized music accompanying this residential display.
- Hours for the display are 5:30 – 9:30 pm Sunday – Thursday and 5:30-10:00 pm Friday & Saturday nights.
Lights at the Cove
3490 Cove Point Circle NW in Prior Lake.
- The light show runs November 25th, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022
- Hours are Sunday – Thursday from 5:00 –10:00 pm, and Friday – Saturday from 5:00 – 11:00 pm.
- Tune your radio to 91.9 FM to listen to synchronized music. Dazzling lights and Christmas joy bring holiday music to life for you and your loved ones to enjoy!
Lights on Mushtown
17881 Mushtown Rd, Prior Lake, MN
- The lights are on November 26th, 2021 – January 6th, 2022
- If you pull in the driveway, turn your headlights off and leave your parking lights on.
- The fun is 7 nights a week from 6:00 – 10:00 pm.
- For added joy, tune your radio to 91.9 for synchronized music
Loss Family Light Show
5635 156th Lane NW, Ramsey, MN.
- The display is open November 27th, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022
- Hours are Sunday – Thursday from 5:00 – 9:00 pm and Friday – Saturday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm.
- Tune your radio to 95.1 FM to hear synchronized music to 9,000 lights.
Joyce’s Candy Cane Lane
1994 Herschel Street, Roseville, MN.
- The display runs from December 1st, 2021 – January 10th, 2022
- Open seven days a week from 4:00 – 9:00 pm.
- You’ll be awed with over 20,000 lights on display.
- There is a beautiful walking path where you can view all your favorite animal friends decked out in holiday spirit! Send your letters to Santa and grab a mini candy cane in the mailbox you’ll find near the beginning of the path.
- The family will be collecting donations for Rescued Pets Are Wonderful.
Palmer’s Christmas Lights Display
49307 Clover Trail, Rush City, MN
- This drive-thru display runs from November 19th – January 2nd, 2022
- Hours are Sunday-Thursday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm and Friday – Saturday from 5:00 – 11:00 pm
- Sync the display of lights synched to music on 93.5 FM.
Shakopee Winter Wonderland
921 Shakopee Ave East, in Shakopee, MN
- Open November 27th – December 31st, 2021, from 6:00 – 9:30 pm.
- Their residential home also features a beautiful walking path for visitors to view the magnificent light display.
Holiday Lights on 20th St.
11594 20th St. NE., St. Michael, MN.
- Drive through and see the 45,000 lights November 26th – December 31st, 2021
- Hours are Sunday – Thursday from 5:30 – 9:00 pm, and Friday – Saturday from 5:30 – 9:30 pm.
- Tune your radio to 99.3 FM to listen to the synchronized Christmas tunes!
- They also are collecting non-perishable food for the Hanover food shelf. Look for the drop-off bin on the side of the driveway.
Holiday Lights on York Ave
1526 York Avenue.
- The show is open from November 26th until December 31st, 2021
- Open seven nights a week from 5:00 – 10:00 pm.
- Collecting donations for Merrick Community Services.
- This display features 11 yards decorated with plastic Santas, Snowmen, and other Christmas characters and features about 90,000 lights. You may broadcast choreographed and computerized music to your car stereo by tuning to 91.5 FM.
Christmas in Wadena
414 3rd St. SW, Wadena, MN.
- November 25th, 2021 – January 1st, 2022
- Monday -Thursday from 5:30 – 9:00 pm, and Friday – Sunday from 5:30 – 10:00 pm
- Turn your radio to Holiday Happiness at 88.1 FM. They will be broadcasting Christmas music 24/7 until January 1st!
Holiday Lights of Woodbury
8846 Glacier Road.
- This residential display can be seen November 25th, 2021 – January 1st, 2022
- Hours are Sunday–Thursday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm, and Friday – Saturday from 5:00 – 11:00 pm.
Tune your radio to 97.9 FM to hear the festive music as you watch the 4 large faces singing both traditional and current Christmas songs.
HOLIDAY IN LIGHTS
Anoka County Fair Grounds, 3200 St. Francis Blvd. Anoka, MN
- Free drive-thru available December 10th – 26th, 2021
- Open 7 days a week from 5:00 – 9:00 pm to view the holiday lights
Holiday Lights Drive-Thru at Martin Luther – Senior Living & Care
1401 E 100th Street in Bloomington.
- The display begins November 26th, 2021, thru January 3rd, 2022
- It is open seven days a week from 5:00 – 10:00 pm.
- There are SPECIAL EVENT NIGHTS! Stop by Friday, December 10th, or Tuesday, December 14th, from 5:00 – 6:30 pm for a special treat.
- After visiting their lights display, go to their website and enter their contest by guessing the total number of lights in their display. The closest guess will win a $100 VISA gift card.
Christmas Tree Walk and Tree Decorating Contest
2362 132nd Ave NW in Coon Rapids, MN.
- This dreamy Christmas tree walk and decorating contest is open December 1st – 24th, 2021
- Hours are seven nights a week from 5:00 – 9:00 pm.
- This is a free walk-through event!
View this post on Instagram
Bentleyville “Tour of Lights”
700 Railroad St. in Duluth, MN.
- The spectacular display is open November 20th – December 27th, 2021
- Hours are Sunday – Thursday from 5:00 – 9:00 pm and Friday – Saturday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm.
- Please note that Bentleyville is reverting to a Walk Through format for their 2021 season.
- Bentleyville has free admission for all guests, as well as complimentary hot cocoa & coffee, free cookies, free freshly popped popcorn, free marshmallows to roast, and free visits with Santa & Mrs. Claus!
- There is a $10 per vehicle fee to park in the Bentleyville lots.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will be standing near the line of guests to take your child’s Christmas wishes and take photos. Every child ten and under who visits Santa will receive a knit winter hat and cookies! To ensure the safety of guests and staff, visitors will not be permitted to sit on Santa’s lap.
- There is also an official Salvation Army drop-off site for non-perishable food items and new unwrapped toys.
Exhibition Drive Holiday Sound & Light Show
2725 Exhibition Drive Duluth MN
- This spectacular show is from November 26th until December 31st, 2021
- Hours are 5:00-10:00 pm Sunday – Thursday and from 5:00 – 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday.
- Tune your radio to 99.9 FM to hear synchronized Christmas music!
- The show runs approximately 25 minutes from start to finish and is completely FREE!
Spirit of the Lights at Glensheen
3300 London Road in Duluth, MN
- It runs November 26th – January 1st, 2022, with bonus Additional Evening Dates: December 19 – 23, 26
- The display is open Fridays & Saturdays from 5:00 – 9:00 pm.
- This is a FREE outdoor lights display, and tickets are not required.
Drive-Through Christmas in the Village
4008 220th Street W, Farmington, MN.
- You are welcome to drive through the Village any evening during the month of December to enjoy viewing the buildings illuminated inside and out
- The display is open December 4 – 5, 11 – 12, 2021 from 3pm-8pm
- These 4 days include the following opportunities –
- Explore 22 historic buildings decorated for a 1900’s Christmas (including two different family homes, a school, church, depot, print shop, barbershop, carpenter shop, and general store)
- Rides on horse-drawn trolleys
- Christmas ornament coloring (make and take)
- Santa Meet-and-Greet (most days/times)
- Seasonal Sweets and Treats (available to purchase at the Drug Store)
Tree of Lights Spectacular
Regina Hospital, 1175 Nininger Rd, Hastings, MN
- Free drive-thru November 26th, 2021 – January 1st, 2022
- Experience from 4:30 – 9:30 pm 7 days a week.
- Other events on select nights include Caroling and a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus. See this calendar for a complete list of events
Adelaide Landing Christmas Lights
13324 Fondant Trl N, Hugo, MN.
- This magnificent light display is from November 26th, 2021 – January 1st, 2022
- They are open seven nights a week from 4:30 – 10:00 pm.
- You’ll find over 25 homes beautifully decorated in holiday lights!
- Each house has a sign in front with a QR code. When you’re in front of the house, guess the theme (every home has a theme based on a Christmas tune or Christmas Movie). After you’ve guessed, scan the QR code with the camera on your phone (click the link that pops up when you point the camera at the sign) to find out the answer and to answer a Christmas trivia question.
- At the bottom of each QR Code page is a link to make a monetary donation to the Hugo Good Neighbors Food Shelf to help a local family in need this holiday season.
Rockpoint’s Valley Lights
5825 Kelvin Ave N, Lake Elmo, Minnesota.
- Open November 26th to December 31st, 2021
- The show is open seven days a week from 5:00 to 10:00 pm.
- Tune your radio to 97.9 FM to hear synchronized music to 100,000+ lights.
- Valley Lights is open to all! It takes about 4 minutes to drive-thru so go through as many times as you want.
- Wagon rides are Friday and Saturday nights 7-9 pm weekends of December 3-4; 10-11 and 17-18.
Light the Night at River of Life Church
410 9th St. NE Long Prairie, MN
- They are open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays December 3rd – 19th, 2021
- Hours are 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- They are offering a Free Drive-thru event.
- Drive up and watch the lights while you drink some complimentary hot chocolate and cider served right to your vehicle! Park your car, tune the radio to the station, and enjoy the show. The light show lasts about 30 minutes and then repeats.
Kiwanis Holiday Lights
Sibley Park in Mankato, MN.
- The display of lights is open from November 26th through December 31st, 2021
- Hours are Sunday – Thursday from 5:00 – 9:00 pm; Friday & Saturday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm.
- It is a free Drive-thru or Walkthrough event.
- Attractions include a display of over 1.8 million LED lights, animated lights, synthetic skating rink, warming house, visits to Santa Claus (Fri-Sun), live reindeer, and more!
- They have two radio stations within the Kiwanis Holiday Lights – 90.1 & 88.1. The welcome station as you enter the park is 88.1. It includes Christmas music, tidbits, trivia, and information on that evening’s sponsor. 90.1 FM is their “Dancing Lights” station, and they recommend visitors change their radio station upon entering the driving loop in the park.
Armatage Holiday Light Tour
2500 W 57th St., Minneapolis, MN.
- Open Friday, December 10th, 2021 – Sunday, December 19th, 2021
- Hours are 5:00 – 8:00pm
- This is a FREE drive-through experience.
- The tour is self-guided, and the tour map will be available by Friday, December 10th at https://armatage.org so you can plan your route before you head out!
CSE Winter Light Show 2021
500 Pillsbury Dr. SE in Minneapolis, MN.
- The CSE Winter Light Show is presented by The Civil Engineering U of M Twin Cities.
- The show is open December 9th – 11th, 2021
- Shows are at 5:30, 6:00, and 6:30 pm on the Civil Engineering Building Courtyard.
- The event is free and open to the public. No tickets or reservations are required.
- This high-tech light show features over 250,000 LED lights set to music written and recorded by students at the University of Minnesota.
Fox Family Farm
6063 160th St. E. in Rosemount, MN.
- Their display is homemade and put up by the Fox family. The outside display lights are up on Thanksgiving night and run through January 2nd, 2022
Country Lights Festival
Lake Francis Park in Sartell, MN at 850 19th St S.
- The festivities begin December 1st and end on December 31st, 2021
- This spectacle of lights will be on from dusk until dawn.
- Walk-through 33 acres of holiday lights. Strollers, wagons, and wheelchairs are welcome.
- This display features over a million lights!
- The event is free to the public, and all are welcome!
- The Kiddie Train runs Friday and Saturday, weather permitting, from 5:30 – 7:30 pm (except Dec 24th & 25th).
Sleepy Eye Holiday Lights in Motion
Sportsman’s Park, 1000 3rd Ave NW, Sleepy Eye, MN
- Features over 350,000 lights!
- The light display begins November 25th, 2021 – January 1st, 2022
- It is open seven nights a week from 5:00 – 10:00 pm.
- The festivity offers a FREE drive-thru or walk-thru event. You can view the show from the parking lot or park on the south shore of Sleepy Eye Lake for a spectacular view across the water.
- Special events include free concessions and wagon rides December 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 31
- There will also be a live nativity on December 12th, 2021 from 5:00 – 7:00 pm.
- The lights are synced to holiday music on 89.1 FM
Wintertime in Stillwater
Head to 100 Main street to check out the latest events every weekend in Stillwater, MN.
- The first day of lights is November 26th, 2021, and events run all winter until March 20th, 2022. Seven nights a week from 5:00 – 10:00 pm
- The lights display is a FREE walk-thru event. Enjoy thousands of LED lights synchronized to music nightly, spanning from Main Street to the historic lift bridge.
- Feel the beat on Chestnut Street as you admire the holiday lights, light tunnel, and large holiday trees illuminating the evening.
- Many FREE family-friendly events are happening each weekend throughout the holiday season. Please look at their Hometown for the Holidays event calendar for more information.
2021 Cathedral Festival of Lights: Starry Night
239 Selby Avenue in St. Paul, MN.
- You’ll find an exquisite light display from Wednesday, December 15th – December 19th, 2021
- Hours are 6:00 – 10:00 pm.
- It is a FREE outdoor Christmas light show with a new immersive indoor show & holiday market.
- The new immersive indoor presentation costs $15 per person or $40 for groups of 5 or fewer.
- The FREE outdoor Christmas light show is a 12-minute light show reflected on the Cathedral.
The Christmas Story in Lights
Wayzata Community Church, 125 Wayzata Boulevard East, Wayzata, MN. Dates are as follows:
- December 3rd – 5th from 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- December 10th – December 13th from 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- December 17th – December 27th, 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- See the magic of Christmas come to life as you drive through beautifully lit story stations and listen to the Christmas story from the comfort of your car. This year there are new lights, scenes, and narration to experience the story in a new way. A free-will offering will be taken at the end of the experience.
Celebrate the Light of the World 2021
Robbins Island Regional Park- Highway 71N in Willmar, MN.
- The display will begin November 25th, 2021, and ends January 1st, 2022
- It will be open seven days a week from 5:00 – 10:00 pm.
- Free Drive-thru display that includes about 800,000 lights.
- Tune your radio to 88.7 FM to listen to synchronized music. There are areas where you can park and enjoy the dancing lights.
Shows and Events -Twin Cities Christmas Lights Displays with Admission Fee
View this post on Instagram
Nature Illuminated at The Minnesota Zoo
13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN.
- A spectacular light display from December 2nd, 2021 – January 16th, 2022
- It is open Sunday – Thursday from 5:00 – 9:00 pm and Friday – Saturday from 5:00 – 11:00 pm.
- Driving Tour: The drive-thru experience is about 3/4 of a mile long, with a 30-minute audio tour.
- Walking Experience: The Nature Illuminated walking experience is a ¾ mile-long trail your family can enjoy at their own pace.
- Driving Tour December 2nd – January 2nd: $35 – $60 per vehicle. Walking experience January 6th – 16th: $14 – $20 per person. Reserve your tickets online in advance.
- This popular event is a magical narrated journey through brilliant lights displays. You’ll be able to see oversized lit displays of your favorite animals.
Sertoma Winter Wonderland Drive-Thru
Northland Arboretum -14250 Conservation Drive in Baxter, MN.
- It is open November 25th – December 31st, 2021
- Hours are 5:30 – 8:30 pm.
- The charge is $20/vehicle at the gate (Cash or Check Only), $10/advanced tickets, $25/small buses, limos, etc. $10 advance tickets are available at Cub and other locations in the area.
Winter Lights at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
3675 Arboretum Drive, Chaska, MN.
- A holiday display open November 18 – 28 (closed Thanksgiving), December 1-5, 8-12, 16-23, December. 26 – January 2, 2022
- It is not a drive-thru experience but a walk-through experience.
- The ticket price is $10 member/ $15 non-member/FREE for children ages 15 and younger.
- Winter fun includes a half-mile walk with 16 outdoor light displays – yes, it’s stroller-friendly! During the walking tour, you can warm-up at a bonfire and roast a few marshmallows over the fire. S’more packages are available for sale. There are also ice sculptures as part of the display.
Larger than Life Lights
Lake Superior zoo located at 7210 Fremont St in Duluth, MN
- The light event is open November 26 – 28, December 2 – 5, 9 – 12, 16 – 19, 23, 26,30 – 31, 2021
- Thursday through Sunday from 5:00 – 8:00 pm.
- Tickets are $5 for members, $10 for non-zoo members. 2 & under are FREE.
- Santa will appear on Saturdays and the Grinch will be there every Sunday, making it the perfect photo op for the kids!
Christmas in the Village
Dakota City Heritage Village. – 4008 220th Street W, in Farmington, MN
- The display is open December 4th – 5th & 11th-12th, 2021
- Hours are 3:00 – 8:00 pm.
- Admission is $5 per person, but children five and under get in FREE!
- Christmas in the Village is a unique adventure. It makes for the perfect weekend stop on your tour of lights! You can make holiday crafts, take a ride with a horse-drawn trolley, enjoy hot cocoa at the drug store, and more.
Sever’s Holiday Lights
3121 150th Street West in Shakopee.
- It opens November 26th, 2021, and goes through January 2nd, 2022
- Sever’s is open seven nights a week, Sunday – Thursday 5:00 – 9:00 pm, and Friday – Saturday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm.
- Tickets available to purchase online:
- Sundays-Thursdays – $25 per vehicle (1-7 passengers or $40 per vehicle with 8+ passengers)
- Friday & Saturday – $35 per vehicle (1-7 passengers or $50 per vehicle with 8+ passengers)
- Holiday Week (December 16-December 25th)- $35 per vehicle (1-7 passengers or $50 per vehicle with 8+ passengers)
- This holiday display is 1/2 mile long with 2,000,000+ lights.
- As a drive-through display, vehicles can go through as many times as they’d like. The entire program lasts about 40 minutes. New this year: a selfie park!
- Food is available on-site if you would like to treat yourself.
Sam’s Christmas Village
710 Spring Street in Somerset, Wi.
- They open on November 26th, 2021 until January 2nd, 2022
- Cost for admission is $15/ per adult, $10/ per child ages 4-10, children 2 & under are FREE. $7.50 for members of the military (bring your military ID).
- Open seven nights a week, Sunday – Thursday 5:00 – 9:00 pm, and Friday – Saturday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm.
- Monday-Tuesday is drive-thru only. Wednesday-Sunday is a walk-thru only.
- SANTA & his LIVE REINDEER are at Sam’s Christmas Village EVERY NIGHT, making it well worth the admission price!
- Vendors are on-site Thursday-Sunday nights.
- You’ll experience a beautiful light tour, a Christmas market, Santa and his reindeer, and activities for children of all ages.
Christmas in Color
1 Valley Fair Drive. Shakopee, MN
- This is a fun drive thru display in the parking lot of Valleyfair.
- It is open seven days a week November 26th, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022 (closed Christmas Day)
- Hours are 5:30 – 10:00 pm (you must make a reservation for a specific time slot)
- Tickets are $35 per vehicle.
- The route takes approximately 20 minutes, and you can only drive-thru the experience once. But you’ll be able to see over 1 million Christmas lights during this drive-thru adventure.
GLOW Holiday Festival
Minnesota State Fair Grounds at 1265 Snelling Ave N, St. Paul.
- The event runs from November 18th, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022
- Glow Holiday Festival is open Sunday – Thursday from 5:00 – 10:00 pm and Friday -Saturday from 5:00 – 11:00 pm.
- Admission is $20.75 for Adult General Admission; $12.75 for Children Admission (ages 5-12); Children ages 4 & under are FREE!
- Please note that GLOW is a cashless event; credit/debit cards are accepted for concessions. (The State Fair Food Court vendors can accept cash.)
- Get in the holiday spirit with an outdoor walk-through holiday event featuring over a million lights, sElfie Plaza, three-story ice palace, bike-powered tree, State Fair Food Court, Sky Glider rides, and so much more!
Spirit of Winter Festival of Lights
The Winery of Sovereign Estate. 9950 Shore Road in Waconia, MN.
- They open for the festival on November 20th, 2021 – January 2nd, 2022
- Hours are as follows:
- Tuesday–Thursday & Sunday 4:00 – 8:00 pm, and Friday – Saturday 4:00 – 9:00 pm (CLOSED: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & New Year’s Eve)
- Admission is $10/per person, Kids 4 and under are FREE. Pay online or at the gate.
- What makes this event worth the drive? The estate transforms into a winter wonderland with 20 acres of sparkling lights. Stroll the grounds and enjoy their Candy Cane Lane, Nativity scene, and photo opportunities with Santa. There is also a children’s ice maze, winter llamas, and a gingerbread house. Of course, there is also plenty of hot cocoa and cookies to fill up those bellies and stay warm, and for adults, there is plenty of mulled wine to enjoy!
Lights at Bluff Valley
61297 390th Ave, Zumbro Falls, MN.
- Their light display will be open November 5th – December 19th, 2021
- Hours are Fridays – Saturdays from 5:00 – 10:00 pm and Sundays 5:00 – 9:00 pm.
- The admission cost is $20 per carload up to 7 people.
- Enjoy a 1.5-mile drive-through light tour that features exciting themed areas with over 450 light displays, 200 animated displays, and a Walkthrough Light Maze.
Virtual Christmas Lighting Events in Minnesota
Christmas Tour at the Glensheen
- You can view Christmas trees, hidden elves, and lovely holiday decor decorating the Glensheen Mansion.
- Jane, Glensheen’s official holiday Ambassador, will guide you through the most famous rooms while sharing memorable Christmas stories. Cozy up at home and enjoy!
Canadian Pacific Holiday Train at Home Virtual Concert
- Canadian Pacific’s 2021 “Holiday Train at Home” concert will be streamed on their Facebook page, YouTube channel, and their webpage on December 18th, 2021, at 7:00 pm CT.
- The event will help raise money for food banks across North America.
- There will be performances by Steven Page, The Strumbellas, The Trews, Sierra Noble, Odds, Tanika Charles, Aysanabee, and Keb’ Mo’.
- An archived version of the show will remain on the page for your viewing pleasure.
We Wish You a Joyous Experience as You Visit the Beautiful Christmas Lights in the Twin Cities!
We hope you enjoyed your complete guide to the best of the Twin Cities’ Christmas lights. Seeing the excitement in your child’s eyes as they see the pure magnificence of holiday lights is something that you can never replace. Through these traditions, the best memories are made that you can pass down to future generations.
For more ideas for holiday fun and more, Join Twin Cities Kids Club now and receive a free discount card for local MN businesses and adventures all year-round.
3 thoughts on “Greater Minnesota & Twin Cities Christmas Lights Tours List You’ve Been Waiting For! 2021”
Thank you!!! What a comprehensive list!!!
After my Parkinson’s Disease diagnosis, my primary care provider introduced me to Mayaka Natural Clinic and their PD Formula protocol, the herbal treatment has made a tremendous difference for me. My symptoms including numbness and muscle weakness all disappeared after the treatment plan! Their website is w w w. mayakanaturalclinic. c o m
After struggling with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis ALS/MND, and My uncle with Parkinson’s Disease PD too, for five years, We finally got helped by Dr. Ziza’s, Worldherbs clinic Head doctor. keeping it to myself will be selfish of me. We used his herbal remedy for Three months and was fully reversed and now we have no symptoms of both condition. I urge you all having ALS/MND, and Parkinson’s PD to give him a try.