Ice Castles is back! This year, Ice Castles is in Stillwater, and we visited with our kids right when it opened. And we have to say – the city of Stillwater is BRILLIANT, not just because of the pretty lights, but because of all the business this undoubtedly brings to their quaint city.
We visited the night before it opened for a special media preview, though it was insanely cold. Be sure to dress your family warm no matter how cold it is – just being out there surrounded by all that ice will chill you pretty fast.
It’s largely the same as previous years – the ice princesses are there from Tiny Diva Princess Party, as are the fire performers from Insphyre, and treats from Taste of Love Bakery (items sold individually from $2-5 or so). But there are a few differences. For one, there are new slides for the kids (and grown-ups). And there are – wait for it – FIRE PITS. Finally! A good way to stay at least a little bit warm out there (it definitely helps the performers).
Also Read : Falling in Love with Winter All Over Again
Afterward, we went to one of our favorite restaurants in Stillwater – Leo’s Grill and Malt Shop. Discover Stillwater also wants you know about other great spots to take the kids when you’re heading out to Ice Castles:
1) Gammy& Gumpy’s Toy Store
2) Kids Oasis Indoor Creative Play Space
3) Smalley’s Caribbean Barbeque and Pirate Bar – branded pirate sandwhich buns are a hit!
4) Leo’s Grill & Malt Shop – 1950s americana and cozy booths
5) QuickFire Pizza Stillwater MN – pick your toppings and watch them place your pizza in the big oven!
6) Kari’s Create & Paint Studio
7) Valley Bookseller
8) More boutiques with kid stuff Alfresco Casual Living, Betty June’s, Lil’ Tulip’s, Mara-Mi Store + Studio + Cafe
9) Candy Shops: Candyland, Stillwater, Barbara Ann’s Fudge, Tremblay’s Sweet Shop
10) Book a hotel with a pool/hot tub: AmericInn of Stillwater, MN, Americas Best Value Inn, GrandStay Hotel & Suites, Stillwater, Comfort Inn & Suites.
View Discover Stillwater’s list of deals for these and other businesses in the area!!!
Here are deals we previously posted for Ice Castles:
- Save 15% with coupon code USFamily17 at IceCastles.com. The coupon is good through January 31, 2017. However, readers have reported that this coupon appears to have “reached its limit.”
- Save $2.00 per ticket with online code available at Cub Foods.
Then Ice Castles closed for a while due to warm weather.
Note that tickets purchased at the door are the highest-priced at $18 for ages 12+ and $12 for children 4-11.
$12.95 F-Sun and HolidaysChild (4-11)
$8.95 F-Sun and Holidays