A priority mission of parents is to set their child up for success in life. You want to provide childhood experiences that inspire the imagination and foster skills to propel them into the future. STEM Builders is an educational learning center focused on igniting passion and enthusiasm in their students for critical subjects:
If you are looking for other creative, inspirational, amusing activities to do with your children, join Twin Cities Kids Club. We are your go-to source for the best deals on fun for your family. You will find discounted and free admission to a magnitude of activities, including entertainment deals and twin cities’ local events. The best part is you gain access through our Free Membership card!
Join Twin Cities Kids Club to stay in the know on local family entertainment and events. We are also proud to bring you information on local businesses working toward building a brighter future for our children. Read on to learn more about STEM Builders!
What is STEM Builders?
STEM Builders is an academic curriculum aimed to develop life skills and improve students’ knowledge. The program focuses on STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering, math) while introducing robotics and cultivating fun.
STEM Builders advances children to think outside of the box in their learning and problem-solving. STEM teaches life skills such as critical thinking, logical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration, passion, and teamwork. Skills that children need to set them up for success as an adult.
Though setting children up for success is a priority, STEM fosters the creativity in children. STEM Builders value passion and fun, so children enjoy what they are learning and are eager to be pushed further.
The curriculum of STEM Builders follows ‘no child left behind’ guidelines. Every student explores the design, programming, and documentation of science and math. Children learn to work in teams to facilitate collaboration and communication to excel together in their learning.
What Ages are Welcome to STEM Builders?
STEM Builders is proud to serve over 1000 children in their programs. They offer unique and exciting online math and coding curriculums to engage the interest of students ages 6 to 17. Children and teens learn mathematics, virtual robotics, game design, animation, storytelling, python, mobile app development, web design, electronic circuits, and more.
STEM Builders offers several on-site programs for a variety of ages that include:
- After School Program for K-8. Children learn robotics, programming, game design, website design, and electronic circuits.
- STEM spring, summer, and winter camps. STEM Builders offers a variety of selections for kids aged 6-16. Camp programs include accelerated math, senior robotics, wrestle bots, web design, python boot camp, and artificial intelligence.
- Enrichment Programs focused on helping children think both fast and creatively. Enrichment programs are for middle- and high-schoolers with a computer science-focused curriculum.
- STEM Builders even hosts on-site birthday parties. Birthday parties are personalized, accessible, private, and affordable. What parent wouldn’t want a party that is both educational, imaginative, and worry-free?! Projects are available for children ages 6-14.
- The Math K-8 Xcel Program is a customized self-paced, self-learning curriculum. The program teaches math concepts step by step, so your child understands what they are learning. Qualified and trained tutors are available to help your child along the way.
- STEM Builders hosts girl scout camps on-site to help them earn STEM badges. All grades are welcome!
- Academic Support Services are offered at the Blaine, MN site for the academic year 2020-2021. These support services provide a safe, socially-stimulating, and fun school-like environment. With 2, 3, and 5 day-a-week programs available, you can find the perfect program for your kids’ needs. A STEM instructor and licensed teacher will help children with homework and school assignments and provide hands-on STEM activities to supplement their learning.
- The Plymouth, MN site provides eLearning Pods. These pods include a group of 6 students where they will receive help on schoolwork and homework assignments. Hands-on STEM activities are included in the eLearning Pods.
- STEM Builders also offers 1-on-1 math and coding classes provided online for convenience.
What is the Cost of the Program?
Cost is dependent on course, program, or event. Programs start at $119 a month. Contact STEM Builders directly for current information on pricing for on-site opportunities.
STEM Builders accepts all major credit cards and payment methods, with a preference for check or bank account payments. There are no fees if you choose to use a credit card for payment.
There is a refund policy if you decide to cancel. The refund policy varies based on course or event.
What Other Important Information Should I Know?
STEM Builders is proud to offer the following:
- Hands-on Learning
- Structured Curriculum
- Customized Learning Plans
- Small student to teacher ratio
- A specialized staff that ensure a clean, safe, healthy, and interactive environment
- Month to month payments
- No homework
- Accelerated Math and Coding curriculum for students seeking advanced learning
- Drop-in Academic & Homework support
A unique aspect of STEM Builders is they do not give homework in their math programs. A relief for both parents and children alike! The curriculum provides your child with what they need when they are there, so time at home can be focused on family and being a child.
STEM Builders offers extra challenges for children who complete work early in their robotic, coding, and advanced programs. There is an opportunity in these programs to do work outside of class if the child is ambitious and seeking additional learning.
Like with regular schooling, it’s important children are active and blow off steam. For Blaine and Plymouth’s eLearning Pod Service, kids have time scheduled for outdoor recess time. This time is to get some fresh air, have some fun, and come back ready to exercise their brains.
If a child is ill or on vacation, they do offer make-up classes. STEM Builders does ask parents to limit make-up classes because of scheduling and logistics on their end.
What are the Locations and Hours?
Right now, STEM Builders has seven locations in the Twin Cities and across the country:
- Blaine, MN
- Eden Prairie, MN
- Plymouth, MN
- Woodbury, MN
- Franklin, TN
- Mount Juliet, TN
- Valrico, FL
Course offerings and hours vary per location, so it is best to contact STEM Builders directly for additional information.
Twin Cities Kids Club and STEM Builders Put Kids First!
STEM Builders in Plymouth and Blaine Minnesota, are one of Twin Cities Kids Club’s newest members! We are excited to partner with a business that focuses on engaging children in STEM subjects. STEM Builders provide a fun and safe learning environment that also enhances learning and success.
If you are looking for additional discounts to local businesses that enhance children’s well-being, join Twin Cities Kids Club. Check out our recent blog post, “Family Guide to SeaQuest Roseville,” for an exciting adventure to bring out the marine biologist or zoologist in your child.
Don’t hesitate! Join the club today!