Over the last months, life, as we know it, has changed. Many things we looked forward to had to be canceled or rescheduled. Gone are the days of large crowds going to events.
Thankfully, many events are finding ways to go on! The Minnesota Renaissance Festival found a way to continue to entertain families throughout the area.
While the Festival doesn’t look like previous years, you still get a chance to experience much of what the Festival has to offer. Only this year, you don’t have to leave your car!
At Twin Cities Kids Club, we are doing everything we can to ensure that your family enjoys things, even during a pandemic. Join the club today for a free membership and access to information and events for your family.
Festival On Parade Information
Here are some things you will want to know:
- The Minnesota Renaissance Festival was canceled for 2020, but they will be having their first-ever Minnesota Renaissance Festival on Parade.
- The drive-thru experience will be weekends September 19th through October 4th, plus Friday, October 2nd, 2020
- Festival on Parade is a drive-thru experience featuring over 30 festival foods, entertainment, featured artisans, and goodie bags.
- As a way to say thank you for coming, each car will get a goodie bag full of special treats from everyone who has put the Festival on.
- It will cost $20 (sales tax included) for each vehicle.
- Due to current conditions, there will be limited tickets for the Festival. Please purchase your ticket online. You will be asked to select a certain date and time. The earlier you get your tickets, the better!
- The Parade is a 2.5-mile, one-way leisurely route directly through the festival grounds.
- Plan for a multi-hour experience
- On the weekends, arrival times will be each hour starting at 10:00 am to noon, and then again in the afternoon from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- On Fridays, arrival times start at 11:00 am instead of 10:00 but are the same for the rest of the day.
- There will be access to some portable toilets throughout the route. You will find these on the map.
- Thankfully, rain will not stop this Parade.
- Please remain in your vehicle for the entire trip. They’ll bring the ordering and food to you!
- Don’t forget to bring a pen when you come to the Parade. You will want it to fill out your orders. They’ll provide the menus. Plus, you’ll need pens for in-car games.
- If you will be the one placing orders during your drive, please have a mask with you. To keep everyone safe, please wear your mask when you place orders. All of the employees assisting you will be wearing masks in accordance with Health guidelines.
You must purchase tickets online in advance. With your ticket purchase, you get:
- A fun drive with your family that is filled with delicious snacks, activities, games, and fun. You will get to participate in Trivia, Festival Find-it, and a Costume Contest during your drive!
- Access to foods along the way includes Turkey Legs, Unicorn Cake, Cheese Curds, Apple Dumplings, French Fries, and much more. Unfortunately, your ticket price does not include food. (The will conduct Foodservice at vehicle windows following health and safety protocols.)
- For attending the Parade, each car will get a special goodie bag with treats to remember your unique Minnesota Renaissance Festival adventure.
To get more information or to order your tickets, check out the Minnesota Renaissance Festival website.
On Your Drive…
Many people love the Minnesota Renaissance Festival for the food! What’s not to like about experiencing festival foods the way they are meant to be enjoyed.
The route through the Festival Grounds will Feature 20 Different Food Stops and over 30 Festival Favorite Foods:
Festival Favorite Foods:
- Apple Cider Floats
- Apple Dumplings with Ice Cream
- Beef Sticks
- Candied Nuts
- Caramel Apple in a Dish with Ice Cream
- Cheese Curds
- Corn (Cob or Ears)
- Corn Dog
- Corn Tortilla Machete
- French Fries
- Fried Pickle Spears
- Fried Pickle Wrap
- Frozen Chocolate Banana
- Kettle Corn
- King’s Giant Cupcake
- Mango on a Stick
- Mini Cream Puffs
- Mini Donuts
- Pineapple on a Stick
- Smoked Pork Chop
- Beer Cheese
- Wild Rice
- Turkey Legs
- Unicorn Cake
Go online today and reserve your spot. Don’t miss out on the Minnesota Renaissance Festival; enjoy it in a new way.
Join Twin Cities Kids Club today for access to events throughout the Twin Cities and advice and encouragement for raising kids in today’s world.