- This event has passed.
Steele County Free Fair
August 20 @ 10:30 AM - 10:00 PM CDT
One event on August 17, 2022 at 10:30 AM
One event on August 18, 2022 at 10:30 AM
One event on August 19, 2022 at 10:30 AM
One event on August 20, 2022 at 10:30 AM
One event on August 21, 2022 at 10:30 AM
For one week each year, the Steele County Free Fair located in Owatonna, MN welcomes hundreds of thousands of fairgoers to enjoy all it has to offer! You’ll find an array of family events including:
- More than 100 food stands
- More than 300 indoor and outdoor vendors
- Carnival games
- All-Star Stunt Dogs
- Live music on multiple stages
- Otter Adventure
- Family Attractions
- Livestock show
- A-Z Exotic Petting Zoo
- Classic car show
- Bulls N Barrels
- Demolition Derby
- 3 big nights of music in the grandstand
Family Fun Events:
- Great Outdoors Center: Natural resource exhibits, master gardeners, fish, reptiles and more!
- Wells Fargo Auto Museum: Featuring convertibles from 1978 and prior
- All Star Stunt Dogs: This must-see show will entertain people of all ages. From back flips, handstands and big air stunts to amazing tricks; these “All-Star Stunt Dogs” are thrilling the nation! From large breed to small, you’ll be mesmerized as these dogs compete in challenges like triathlon racing and high-jumping. They will even leap into the air to catch flying discs and perform amazing tricks like jumping rope, walking backwards and doing paw-stands. Show times:
- Tuesday: 6PM
- Wednesday – Sunday: Noon, 3 & 6
- Otter Adventure: Come see this interactive show as the otters swim, play and provide nonstop entertainment. Show Times:
- Tuesday – 7PM
- Weds – Sun – 1, 4 & 7pm
- Jurassic Kingdom: No other “Puppet Show” compares to what Jurassic Kingdom has to offer! Not only do audiences get to see life like dinosaurs in ACTION, they have the opportunity to touch and interact with them throughout the show. Show times:
- Tuesday at 8pm
- Wed-Sun at 2pm, 5pm & 8pm
- Kids Rodeo: Saturday, August 20, 2022 from 1:30pm – 3pm
- Ages 5 – 11
- $5 per participant (Limited to 30 participants)
- Event will be held in the outdoor horse arena and will include 5 stations: Barrel Racing, Roping, Become a Rodeo Clown, Obstacle Course and Bucket Race.
- Kids can participate in as many stations as they wish and repeat stations if time allows.
- All participants will receive a FREE t-shirt and goodie bag!
*Admission is FREE! The fair has been free since 1927 and is Minnesota’s largest county fair.
*On grounds parking is $5 daily. No weekly passes are available.
Twin Cities Event Calendar by Twin Cities Kids Club
Are you looking for family-friendly, educational, holiday-themed, and fun events to take the kids to? Our Twin Cities Event Calendar is the perfect resource for finding activities and events your entire family will love. Create precious family memories together by attending unique events designed specifically for children.
In-person, online, indoor, and outdoor events are all included on the Twin Cities Event Calendar. You’re sure to find an activity that is ideal and engaging for your family. For more information, simply click the event, and you’ll be given all of the details, including date, time, location, and cost! There is also contact information for the host for the event in case you have any burning questions.
Use the handy search feature at the top of the event calendar to search by month and keyword if you’re looking for a specific event. For example: search “toddler” to find any events specifically designed for your tiny tots.
This event calendar is updated regularly and chock full of local events and discount days from our partners. Our Twin Cities Event Calendar is free to access—you don’t have to join the discount club (but we’d love it if you did!) Whether you’re a Minnesota Native or just here for the weekend, you’ll find useful information on local events that will spice up your routine.
You can find great activities to beat the heat during the summer, like ice cream socials or a float-in movie. You can find a whole host of indoor activities in the wintertime to keep your kids happy and learning, like ballet, gymnastics, or storytime at the local library.
We list everything from ice skating, to firework shows, to movies in the park, to Online Mario Kart Tournaments. It’s all here! Let Twin Cities Kids Club be your go-to resource for the best events in the Twin Cities.
Parents, keep an eye out for special sales events listed on the calendar too! You may find incredible limited-time deals on maternity wear or kids’ clothes.
Be sure to bookmark this page in your internet browser, so you never miss any of the exciting, kid-friendly events in Minneapolis/Saint Paul and surrounding areas.