- This event has passed.
River Rendezvous 2022 at Gideon and Agnes Pond House
September 24 @ 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
$10 – Adults (18+)
$5 – Children (4-17)
Free – Children (3 and under)
Enjoy fun, interactive, fascinating and historically accurate demonstrations, reenactments, storytelling and more! See below for the full list of what you’ll experience at River Rendezvous 2022. Map locations are included for each station.
Arts, Crafts and Craftsmanship:
- Blacksmith (C1): Blacksmiths demonstrate the traditional tools and methods of creating items out of iron and steel.
- Candle Making (B7): Using traditional methods, make your own candle to take home and learn how candles were historically produced.
- Coopering (B12): See and learn traditional methods for making wooden casks, barrels and other containers from timber.
- Hide Tanning (B10): See and learn about the traditional methods of making leather pliable and suitable for clothing and other uses—through leather tanning.
- Historic Pottery (C7): Join potter Jasper Bond as he demonstrates old world pottery making techniques on a traditional hand turned potter’s wheel.
- Log Cabin Building (D9): By putting together Pond Dakota’s own buildable scale model of a traditional log cabin, learn about how they were built and the type of woodworking skills that were needed in creating cabins on the frontier.
- Metal Working (C4)
- Quill Pen and Ink (B2): Learn the history of the quill pen and try your hand at writing using this traditional method.
- Spinning and Fiber (C2): Using a traditional spinning wheel, you can try your hand at spinning yarn. Discover how fibers were historically utilized in the creation of cloth.
- The Painter’s Craft (C9): Learn about historic materials used in painting and the creation of paint pigments, and the role of the artists in US history.
- Tin Working (C5): See how tin is formed into many useful household implements by our expert tin smith.
- Woodworking and Joinery (C6): See and learn about the tools of traditional woodworking prior to electricity.
Twin Cities Event Calendar by Twin Cities Kids Club
Are you looking for family-friendly, educational, holiday-themed, and fun events to take the kids to? Our Twin Cities Event Calendar is the perfect resource for finding activities and events your entire family will love. Create precious family memories together by attending unique events designed specifically for children.
In-person, online, indoor, and outdoor events are all included on the Twin Cities Event Calendar. You’re sure to find an activity that is ideal and engaging for your family. For more information, simply click the event, and you’ll be given all of the details, including date, time, location, and cost! There is also contact information for the host for the event in case you have any burning questions.
Use the handy search feature at the top of the event calendar to search by month and keyword if you’re looking for a specific event. For example: search “toddler” to find any events specifically designed for your tiny tots.
This event calendar is updated regularly and chock full of local events and discount days from our partners. Our Twin Cities Event Calendar is free to access—you don’t have to join the discount club (but we’d love it if you did!) Whether you’re a Minnesota Native or just here for the weekend, you’ll find useful information on local events that will spice up your routine.
You can find great activities to beat the heat during the summer, like ice cream socials or a float-in movie. You can find a whole host of indoor activities in the wintertime to keep your kids happy and learning, like ballet, gymnastics, or storytime at the local library.
We list everything from ice skating, to firework shows, to movies in the park, to Online Mario Kart Tournaments. It’s all here! Let Twin Cities Kids Club be your go-to resource for the best events in the Twin Cities.
Parents, keep an eye out for special sales events listed on the calendar too! You may find incredible limited-time deals on maternity wear or kids’ clothes.
Be sure to bookmark this page in your internet browser, so you never miss any of the exciting, kid-friendly events in Minneapolis/Saint Paul and surrounding areas.