- This event has passed.
Heimatfest in Jordan, MN
September 9 @ 4:30 PM - 11:30 PM CDT
One event on September 10, 2022 at 6:45 AM
Every year, on the first weekend following Labor Day, the town of Jordan Minnesota celebrates it’s German heritage with Heimatfest. Heimatfest welcomes residents, family, friends and anyone who wishes to enjoy the town of Jordan and it’s hospitality. Entrance to the festival is free. The car cruise and parade are held in historic downtown Jordan. The remainder of the festivities are held in Lagoon Park, which features a waterfall, the Mill Pond, and shaded park grounds.
Friday, September 9th:
4:30pm-11:30pm Car Cruise and Street Dance – Head to Jordan for their Annual Cruise!
- 4:30-6:00pm Car Cruise Registration.
- Music in the Mini Met during car line-up and cruise
- 6:45-8:00pm Cruise
- Family friendly street dance following cruise with the band IV Play
- Food and drinks available all night
- Beer Garden open until 11:30
Saturday, September 10th:
- 8am 5K/9am Fun Run – Run of the Mill 5K & Family Fun Run
- 8am Kids Reel of Fortune Fishing Contest – Come fish with Terry Tuma – professional fisherman and Fish Lake Sportsman Club. Located at Mill Pond in Lagoon Park
- 11am Heimatfest Parade – The streets of downtown Jordan will be filled with music and fanfare. Kiddos don’t forget to bring a bag for all the treats!
- 12pm-10pm Fun, Food & Fireworks in the Park – Spend the day in Lagoon Park! They have a jammed packed day of things to do. Try your hand at the Beer Stein Holding contest, or visit with friends over a game of bingo. There are events for the whole family as well as food vendors, a beer garden, live music and entertainment.
- 1pm Kids Punt, Pass and Kick Contest
- 6:30pm Heimatfest Kids Root Beer Stein Holding Contest
- 9pm Fireworks!!!
Twin Cities Event Calendar by Twin Cities Kids Club
Are you looking for family-friendly, educational, holiday-themed, and fun events to take the kids to? Our Twin Cities Event Calendar is the perfect resource for finding activities and events your entire family will love. Create precious family memories together by attending unique events designed specifically for children.
In-person, online, indoor, and outdoor events are all included on the Twin Cities Event Calendar. You’re sure to find an activity that is ideal and engaging for your family. For more information, simply click the event, and you’ll be given all of the details, including date, time, location, and cost! There is also contact information for the host for the event in case you have any burning questions.
Use the handy search feature at the top of the event calendar to search by month and keyword if you’re looking for a specific event. For example: search “toddler” to find any events specifically designed for your tiny tots.
This event calendar is updated regularly and chock full of local events and discount days from our partners. Our Twin Cities Event Calendar is free to access—you don’t have to join the discount club (but we’d love it if you did!) Whether you’re a Minnesota Native or just here for the weekend, you’ll find useful information on local events that will spice up your routine.
You can find great activities to beat the heat during the summer, like ice cream socials or a float-in movie. You can find a whole host of indoor activities in the wintertime to keep your kids happy and learning, like ballet, gymnastics, or storytime at the local library.
We list everything from ice skating, to firework shows, to movies in the park, to Online Mario Kart Tournaments. It’s all here! Let Twin Cities Kids Club be your go-to resource for the best events in the Twin Cities.
Parents, keep an eye out for special sales events listed on the calendar too! You may find incredible limited-time deals on maternity wear or kids’ clothes.
Be sure to bookmark this page in your internet browser, so you never miss any of the exciting, kid-friendly events in Minneapolis/Saint Paul and surrounding areas.