- This event has passed.
Excelsior Fire Prevention Open House and Safety Fair
October 7, 2021 @ 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM CDTFree
Caribou Coffee, Lemonade) The Salvation Army will be passing out water & Hot Coca.
- LIVE KITCHEN FIRE SAFETY-SLIDE A LID OVER A STOVETOP FIRE DEMONSTRATION Times: Every 30 minutes
- INTERACTIVE KITCHEN STOVETOP SAFETY DISPLAY
- HOME & BUSINESS FIRE EXTINGUISHER OFFER
- Fire Extinguisher Service and Recycling
- Re-chargeable fire extinguisher inspection and tagging
- ONLY $10.00 per extinguisher!!!
- FREE Fire Extinguisher Recycling
- Freddie the Fire Truck: Come talk to Freddie about fire safety.
- Sparky’s Spray House: Spray a real fire hose and hit the targets.
- Fire Prevention Fishing Pond: Earn your bait by participating in educational activities throughout the open house and then go fishing for fun surprises.
- Home Fire Drill Safety Plan Booth is where Scout Troop 430 will explain and show your family how to make a Home Fire Drill Plan and why it is important to practice the plan.
- Dem-Com Recycling Trailer shares information on how to prevent lithium batteries from causing a fire at your home, while charging, and when you travel.
- National Sprinkler Association: A Representative will be here to answer your questions about commercial and residential sprinklers
- Hennepin County 9-1-1 Dispatch will have a 9-1-1 dispatcher available to answer questions about new dispatching technology and talk about what kids need to know about calling 9-1-1 in today’s world.
- Hennepin County Sherriff’s Water Patrol and the Excelsior Fire District Water Rescue Display: See all types of watercrafts used for water emergencies
- American Red Cross can answer your questions and show you how to be “Red Cross Ready” by being prepared for an emergency or natural disaster.
- CenterPoint Energy: Stop by their booth and learn more about pipeline safety and sign up for a free Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hennepin County Medical Center Burn Unit: Learn how to prevent burns and see their mouth dropping display.
- Deephaven Police Department: Meet your local police officers and learn about Safety.
- Knewtson Health Group: Get good advice about your child’s school backpack and how to take the load off of your child’s back.
- Hennepin County Sherriff’s Water Patrol Display: Checkout all types of water rescue equipment they use and the watercrafts they depend on for water emergencies
- Lindstrom Restoration will show you the devastating aftermath of residential fires and inform you how to prevent a fire.
- Salvation Army Canteen: See the newest member of the Salvation Army’s Emergency Disaster Services Fleet.
- Hennepin County Medical Center Ambulance: Paramedics will give you tours of the ambulance and show you all the cool stuff they have to help people who are sick or injured.
- ResourceWest Hopkins and Minnetonka Family Services will be collecting coats and schools supplies.
- I.C.A. Food Shelf: Bring a non-perishable food item to help stock the shelves of the local food shelf for the holidays
- Door Prizes for all ages, win smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers, Stove Top Fire Stops, and many more prizes.
Twin Cities Event Calendar by Twin Cities Kids Club
Are you looking for family-friendly, educational, holiday-themed, and fun events to take the kids to? Our Twin Cities Event Calendar is the perfect resource for finding activities and events your entire family will love. Create precious family memories together by attending unique events designed specifically for children.
In-person, online, indoor, and outdoor events are all included on the Twin Cities Event Calendar. You’re sure to find an activity that is ideal and engaging for your family. For more information, simply click the event, and you’ll be given all of the details, including date, time, location, and cost! There is also contact information for the host for the event in case you have any burning questions.
Use the handy search feature at the top of the event calendar to search by month and keyword if you’re looking for a specific event. For example: search “toddler” to find any events specifically designed for your tiny tots.
This event calendar is updated regularly and chock full of local events and discount days from our partners. Our Twin Cities Event Calendar is free to access—you don’t have to join the discount club (but we’d love it if you did!) Whether you’re a Minnesota Native or just here for the weekend, you’ll find useful information on local events that will spice up your routine.
You can find great activities to beat the heat during the summer, like ice cream socials or a float-in movie. You can find a whole host of indoor activities in the wintertime to keep your kids happy and learning, like ballet, gymnastics, or storytime at the local library.
We list everything from ice skating, to firework shows, to movies in the park, to Online Mario Kart Tournaments. It’s all here! Let Twin Cities Kids Club be your go-to resource for the best events in the Twin Cities.
Parents, keep an eye out for special sales events listed on the calendar too! You may find incredible limited-time deals on maternity wear or kids’ clothes.
Be sure to bookmark this page in your internet browser, so you never miss any of the exciting, kid-friendly events in Minneapolis/Saint Paul and surrounding areas.