**Updated July 2019**
Every parent knows that eating out with the whole family can get expensive. Even if you choose a moderately-priced restaurant that’s kid-friendly, you’re still probably going to end up paying more than you’d like to – at least, that’s the case if you don’t want your kids to be eating fast food.
Fortunately, there are alternatives.
Many family-friendly restaurants offer freebies to families with kids. Some offer free meals at certain times or on particular days of the week while others offer free desserts or other special deals.
With that in mind, here’s our list of restaurants in the Twin Cities where you can save on a family meal by getting something free for your kids. Most offer something free, but we have included a few with great deals that aren’t free. We’ve also made an effort to seek out some options where kids can get entertainment as well as free food.
KIDS EAT FREE LIST(AND GREAT DEALS)
Please note that while we have made every effort to verify these listings, it is always best to call and check before you leave home. Restaurants sometimes alter their policies on short notice and it’s better to be safe than to get there and learn that things have changed.
Andiamo Italian Restaurant (Eagan)
– On Mondays, you can get one free kids’ entrée for each adult entrée you buy.
ANGELO’S ITALIAN RESTAURANT – SOUTH ST. PAUL
Italian food is a perennial family favorite and Angelo’s offers pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and salads at affordable prices.
Their everyday kids’ menu is only $5 per entrée and gives kids a choice of pizza, spaghetti, buttered noodles, ravioli, or hot dogs. On Wednesdays, kids eat free with the purchase of an adult entrée.
Babe’s Music Bar (Lakeville)
– Bring your kids to Babe’s Music Bar at any time on Sunday and they can enjoy a free meal from the kids’ menu for every regular entrée you purchase.
Bennett’s Chop and Railhouse (Saint Paul)
– Sunday night is Family night at Bennetts where kids eat free when their parents purchase an entree. This local favorite is a fun and friendly gathering place for the whole family.
Big Louie’s Bar & Grill (Multiple Locations)
– Big Louie’s Bar & Grill offers traditional tavern fare such as burgers, sandwiches, pastas, and flatbreads. They have a regular kids’ menu, but on Tuesdays between 11 am and 10 pm, kids eat free with the purchase of an adult entrée.
There’s a limit of one free kids’ meal per adult meal, and the offer is good at both their Crystal and New Brighton locations.
Blue Heron Grill (Hugo)
– Tuesday nights are magical at the Blue Heron Grill. Every week, Justin the Magician appears to entertain and thrill kids with sleight-of-hand and other tricks.
Parents can enjoy gourmet burgers, pasta, and other entrees while kids enjoy a free meal from the kids’ menu – choices include corn dogs, burgers, mac & cheese, and flatbreads – and free ice cream for dessert! Kids’ meals include a beverage and the offer is limited to one free kids’ meal per paid adult.
Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking (Multiple Locations)
– Every Sunday from 4:00-9:00 pm you kids can get a free meal for every adult entree. This unique restaurant uses a traditional wood fire to cook their food giving the kids (and parents) a fun night out.
Broadway Pizza (Multiple Locations)
– Broadway Pizza offers a selection of thin crust, deep dish, and New York-style pizza. They have a pizza buffet that’s perfect for families. Kids 10 or younger eat free on Monday nights with the purchase of an adult buffet. The limit is one free child’s buffet per adult buffet purchase and beverages are not included.
Note: they have gluten-free options and their website has information about allergens and nuts if that’s a concern.
Celt’s Craft House (Multiple Locations)
– All day Sunday and Monday your kids can eat free when you purchase an adult entree, except for a Sunday Brunch Buffet. Known for their pub fare and fun atmosphere, the whole family will have a good time.
Chevy’s Fresh Mex (Bloomington)
– Chevy’s Fresh Mex serves up fresh Mexican favorites such as flautas, fajitas, tacos, and burritos.Bring your kids here when they have a hearty appetite.
The kids’ menu features build-your-own tacos, chicken bites, corn dogs, burritos, and quesadillas. All day long on Tuesdays, you can get a free kids’ meal for every adult entrée you purchase.
The Claddagh Irish Pub (Maple Grove)
– Sunday from 11:00-9:00 will save you from cooking for your family and save you money. With each adult entree you get one free kids meal. Saving money and time? Yes, please.
Crave (Multiple Locations)
– With many convenient locations, including in the Mall of America, bring your kids Sunday anytime throughout the day for one free kids meal for each adult entree purchased.
Dickey’s Barbecue Pit (Multiple Locations)
– Dickey’s Barbecue Pit offers a regular kids’ menu with chicken nuggets, sandwiches, and other options, and all kids’ meals come with a drink and a side dish. Kid’s meals are free on Sundays.
Dickey’s has multiple locations in the Twin Cities, so visit their website to find your local location and get the details.
Fuddruckers (Multiple Locations)
– Bring the whole family to get in on this special: two adult combos and two kids combos for $25.00. Everyone will leave full and happy.
Green Mill Restaurant and Bar (Multiple Locations)
– Stop by most locations on Tuesdays from 4:00 to 8:00 pm for a free kids meal for each adult entree purchased. Everyone will find something they love from the list of pasta, burgers, salads, and more.
Hard Rock Cafe (Multiple Locations)
– On Tuesdays, your kids can be Rockin’ Tots and get a free kids meal when you purchase an adult meal. With fun and convenient locations, you can always have a good time.
Ikea (Multiple Locations)
– Save your Ikea trip until Tuesday when your kids can get a meal for $2.99. Plus, there are activity tables for your little ones to enjoy.
The Finnish Bistro (Saint Paul)
– Wednesday is for kids at The Finnish Bistro where you will get one free kid’s meal for every adult entree purchased. Kids and adults alike will enjoy this charming bistro in St. Anthony Park specializing in European food
Jersey’s Bar & Grill (Inver Grove Heights)
– Thursday nights are for kids at Jersey’s Bar & Grill, when you can enjoy live acoustic music and get a free kids’ dinner when you buy dinner for yourself.
La Casita (Multiple Locations)
– La Casita must love kids, because there are two different nights with specials that kids can enjoy. Stop by on Wednesday starting at 7:00 pm for $1.49 tacos. The good news is you don’t have to be a kid to enjoy this special.
Specifically for the kids though is a “kids eat free” special on Sundays from 3:00 to close. Kids eight and under get a free meal with the purchase of an adult meal.
The Lodge -Stage 81 (Minneapolis)
– If you’re craving American food with a side of music, bring the family to The Lodge – Stage 81.
They offer an impressive selection of salads, soups, burgers, wraps, and pasta. They don’t have a separate kids’ menu, but kid-friendly selections include mac & cheese, meatloaf, and build-your-own burgers. All day on Saturdays, kids get a free meal with the purchase of an adult meal.
Lone Spur Grill & Bar (Hopkins)
– The Lone Spur Grill & Bar serves an expansive menu featuring traditional smokehouse favorites and Tex Mex options. All items on the Kids Menu cost less than five dollars, and come with a choice of applesauce, chips & salsa, fries, fruit cup, or veggies. Beverages are not included.
Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult meal on Tuesdays and Sundays.
Lotus Restauraunt (Minneapolis)
– Lotus Restaurant doesn’t have a traditional kids’ menu, but they have a wide variety of soups, noodle dishes, and other things that will appeal to kids.
Their prices are affordable across the board, and kids under the age of six can get a small portion of any entrée for free with the purchase of a regular adult meal. There’s a limit of one kids’ portion per entrée you order, but the special is available seven days a week.
Mad Jack’’s Sports Cafe (Vadnais Heights)
– If you’re in the market for a sports bar that serves kid-friendly, preservative-free meals, try Mad Jack’s Sports Café.
The regular menu offers up pizza, sandwiches, wraps, steaks, and pasta. On the kids’ menu, you’ll find mac & cheese, pizza, spaghetti, and chicken tenders at affordable prices. Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult meal (one kids’ meal per adult meal ordered) on Sundays after 5pm.
Mall of America
– Many of the restaurants at Mall of America participate in Toddler Tuesdays. Not only will you find free or discounted food, there are many other activities for the youngest members of your family to enjoy. Be sure to check it out!
Mansettis’s (Multiple Locations)
– Drop by any of the locations throughout the day Sunday for a free kids meal when you purchase an adult entree. They offer pizza, pasta, and salads so everyone is sure to find something they enjoy.
Maple Grove Tavern (Maple Grove)
– Unlike most of the restaurants on our list, Maple Grove Tavern offers free kids’ meals every day of the week. Any day you come in you can get one free meal from the kids’ menu for every regular entrée you order.
While your kids enjoy their meals, you can nosh on a gourmet burger, salad, or sandwich.
The Melting Pot (Minneapolis)
– Fondue is fun for the whole family. What kid wouldn’t love dipping their food into cheese or their dessert into gooey chocolate? The Melting Pot offers traditional cheese fondue as well as regular entrees.
On Sundays, if you order their four-course adult meal, which includes a salad, cheese, an entrée, and a chocolate dessert, you’ll get a kids’ entrée free. The offer is good all day, and beverages are not included.
Nutmeg Brewhouse (Multiple Locations)
– Nutmeg Brewhouse offers free kid’s meals at both their Burnsville and Arden Hills locations on Mondays. Their kid’s menu includes chicken fingers, kids noodles, naan pizza, and kids cheeseburger.
Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult entree.
Old Country Buffet (Burnsville)
– On Thursdays, stop by from 5:00 t0 8:00 and enjoy $1.99 kids meals along with themed activities for your kiddos to enjoy.
Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult entree.
The Original Gabe’s By The Park (Saint Paul)
– Stop by Saturday or Sunday evening where your kids can eat free with the purchase of an adult meal. While this might be a dance bar with drink specials late, it’s great for families during the day.
Patrick’s Bakery & Cafe (Multiple Locations)
– Patrick’s makes a point of finding ways to entertain kids while adults enjoy their meals. Every Wednesday night is Kids’ Night and features face painting and balloon animals with Lulu the Clown. The fun starts at 4 pm and runs through closing time at 10 pm.
On Kids’ Night, you can get a free entrée of lesser or equal value for each adult entrée you order, even if your kids want to order off the regular menu. Adult choices include traditional French fare including escargots and beef bourguignon.
Pizza Ranch (Multiple Locations)
– Every Tuesday evening make plans to stop by any of the Pizza Ranches around the Twin Cities. From 4:00-8:30 your kids will get a free buffet when you buy an adult buffet. What kid doesn’t want all you can eat pizza?
Pub 819 (Hopkins)
– If you make plans to stop by Pub 819 on Sundays between 2:00 and 10:00 pm, your kids will eat free. For every purchase of an adult entree you get one free kids meal.
Q Cumbers (Edina)
– If eating buffet-style appeals to you, a night out at Q Cumbers is an affordable way to feed the whole family. While they don’t offer an option where kids eat free, they are a healthy option at an affordable price. Whether it is lunch or dinner, kids prices are adjusted according to their age. A certain price set and the prices are less than one dollar per year.
Salut (Multiple Locations)
– If you family enjoys a fantastic brunch, stop by Salut on Sunday for $5 scrambled eggs or French toast for kids.
– If you haven’t been to this fun-filled restaurant that combines games and food, you are missing out. Plan to be there Wednesday evenings when kids eat free, plus get discounts on games. Sky Kart anyone?
Solos Pizza Cafe (Eagan)
– Plan to stop by Solos on Saturday or Sunday anytime they’re open. When you purchse a full price ten-inch pizza or an entree salad you can get a kids pizza for free! Don’t worry about cooking during a long weekend, go out for pizza.
Sonic (Multiple Locations)
– Stop by any of the local Sonic locations on Tuesday nights for Family Night where everyone gets half price cheeseburgers from 5:00 pm until close. Wash that burger down with one of their legendary slushies and call it a night!
Space Aliens Grill & Bar (Albertville)
– Every Tuesday stop by Space Aliens Grill & Bar for $1.99 kids pizza plus a free game card when you purchase an adult meal. Your kids will love the name and fun, and you will love the clean, friendly atmosphere.
Station Pizzaria (Minnetonka)
– Stop by all day Monday when kids eat free from the kids menu. Any place with free food for the kiddos is a win!
Tailgate Sports Cafe (Minneapolis)
– Every Saturday from 11:00-9:00 kids get a free meal with every adult purchase. Parents can enjoy their evening out with fantastic burgers, pizzas, and drink specials, as well.
– The Tavern on Main offers American fare including burgers, salads, and sandwiches. On Monday nights, you can get a free kids’ meal with every adult entrée you purchase. You can also get traditional wings for just $0.75 after 6 pm, making this a great deal for the whole family.
Texas Roadhouse (Multiple Locations)
– The regular kids’ menu includes mini cheeseburgers, hot dogs, mac & cheese, chicken tenders, and steak bites, and all entrees are under $10.
Every Monday night is kids’ night. Kids won’t get a free meal on Mondays, but they will get a free dessert and a choice of entertainment, including a coloring contest, games, and a balloon artist.
Wildfire (Eden Prairie)
– Wildfire offers steakhouse fare including steaks, chops, chicken, and seafood with an assortment of traditional sides such as mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, and mushroom caps.
Every Sunday after 3:00, kids can get a free item from the children’s menu when an accompanying adult orders an entrée from the regular menu.
This deal is good every Sunday but is not available on holidays. (Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.)
Wild Bill’s (Multiple Locations)
– Stop by Wild Bill’s each Wednesday between 4:00 and 9:00 pm where kids will get a meal for $.99 when you buy an adult meal. With delicious appetizers, burgers, and more, everyone will leave full and happy.
Willy McCoys-Multiple Locations
– If you enjoy a fun night out with a good drink for mom and dad, check out Willy McCoys. On Sundays from 5:00 to 8:00 pm you can get one free kid’s meal for every adult entree purchased.
With fun activities, plenty of televisions, and beer on tap to keep dad happy, your whole family will enjoy a night out.
Yarusso Bros Italian Restaurant (Saint Paul)
– Stop by on Sunday from 10:00-2:00 pm for brunch and your kids will get a free meal, one for every adult meal purchased. What kid doesn’t love spaghetti?
Caspers & Runvon’s Nook, Ranham Bowling, and Shamrock’s (Saint Paul)
– This three in one entertainment location offers two different restaurants plus a bowling alley. Make plans to spend the evening there Sunday where kids eat free at both restaurants and bowl for free.